View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 10:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/135/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Good morning! I'm happy to hear you have had positive results with this WOE in the past, so you know it works.... and let me tell you, that I feel the healthiest, and eat the healthiest, on Atkins than I ever have in my life.

My suggestion is that you think about what tripped you up in the past that you started and stopped a couple of times. What can you do differently this time so that doesn't happen?

Would a low-carb buddy help? Have you sat down and read the book lately? (or at all?). Reading the book again will help affirm some of your thoughts on the proven effectiveness and healthiness of this diet.

Low carb breads and sugar alcohols can kick some people out of ketosis, but not all. The challenge is to not use them during induction because your body isn't ready for those "types" of carbs yet. Induction is all about the basics, and "detoxing" your body of all of those things. Sugar alcohols can also make some people crave sugar and other foods that are bad for us in this WOE.

I really encourage you to make a go of induction this time without any frankenfoods (all the low-carb products out there) and stick to the basics. I have a feeling you will loose a lot more weight.

There are also a lot of low-carb recipes out there that you can use so induction won't get so boring. Don't forget you need to be drinking LOTS of water and taking vitamins.

Missy