#4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/229/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Thumbs up

Hi! =) Well... my 2 cents worth is... Not everything works for everyone. Each person's body is different and therefore will react differently to different diets. And... you can't always say that because you gained the weight back, that the diet does not work, unless you were following the diet to the T and still gained the weight back. But I would think that you went off of WW and then the weight came back. Because if that were true, I'd have to say Atkins didn't work, when I know darn well it does... I was on Atkins 3 years ago and had fabulous results... was just about half way to my goal... but... I let my ex talk me into stopping and eating the old foods and I gained it all back over the past 3 years... But, I'm doing great on it now, and know that it is a healthy way to eat... some may say that induction is not the healthiest, but you are not on induction forever, just for 2 weeks, and then some stay at that carb level but add different foods for the next phase level to loose the weight faster. But, the main thing on this diet is, you have to adopt it as your way of life, not just a temporary fix... temporary does not do it. You have to adopt better eating habits if you expect to be able to maintain any kind of loss. As for the sugar alcohols and low carb breads... I've never had any of the breads, so I don't know... the sugar alcohols... well, they react differently to each person... some can handle them, some can't... it all depends... You just have to monitor your situation and find what works and what doesn't. Just do some trial and errors and find what works for you. On a side note... I do know that this way of eating makes me feel so much better than eating the other stuff... that I'm inclined to stay on Atkins this time. I hope you will too! =) Good luck! =)