View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 09:26
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Hi, Shadow. I never mean to make you worry! It's so kind of you to care about my wellbeing. And I feel the same way about you.

I'm doing just the exercise part of BFL and am still low-carbing. The only carbs I'm adding are on weight lifting days, where I have a moderate portion of oatmeal or another low glycemic carb right before I go to the gym. I'm also occasionally going to be eating low glycemic fruit, like apples. But otherwise, the WOE is pretty much the same.

Actually, I'm probably going to modify the BFL somewhat. The trainer I work with insists that following the plan to a t will build muscle mass on my legs, where I really don't want it. So I may just do 3 sets of 15 reps at a moderate weight for the leg exercises, and then follow the BFL pyramid style for the arms and back only, where I am very scrawny, lol.

Just got back from the gym this morning and that's exactly what I did, without the trainer, so heaven knows whether I did anything correctly. But it felt so good!

And I really like the HIIT as an adjunct--not a substitute--to the walking I was doing. It's a challenge, and it's over quickly!

BTW, what's the MAF and ABB you referred to?

So what's new with you, Shadow? How was your treat day? My husband and I did finally celebrate our anniversary (number 27, if you can believe it) b by having dinner out at a Pan-Asian restaurant. He's on Weight Watchers maintenance and did very well for himself. I, on the other hand....(well, everything was ok until the ice cream).

Take care! Hope you're having a lovely weekend.