Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/149.2/140 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default new to this WOE

Hi
I am new to this WOE and am struggling with it a bit. I have tried this WOE, on and off, for the past six months. The most recent try was great! I was in ketosis within 3 days and stayed there for the next 7 days. I lost two pounds and was feeling great! However, like the past three attemps, I convinced myself that this WOE of eating was not healthy! Little background info...my WHOLE family has had major success on Weight Watchers. (Mom lost 80 pounds, Dad lost 60 pounds, sister lost 40 pounds and I lost 25 pounds a while back). My way of thinking has always been that WW and other similar programs are the way to go. Anyways, I just wanted to share that info. and maybe recieve some encouraging words.

Also, I have a questions regarding sugar alcohols and low carb breads (oh so low products). I used both during my last attempt, during induction. ( I know..a no no!) Always kept my carbs at 20 and stayed in Ketosis. My question is...is the problem with sugar alcohols that they kick some people out of ketosis which causes them to not lose? Or can you remain in ketosis and not lose because of them? Regardless, I am going to not eat them during induction this time around...just wondering?

Thanks
Sponsored Links