#5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 23:48
There and Back Again

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Smile Thanks for the suggestion!

I took your advice and started a journal. I'll start tracking the results there.

Today is the first day that I've been using the Trim Spa, one pill before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I did not get a buzz from it.

I haven't had the munchies as bad as I usually do and haven't craved carbs (even the fake stuff) quite as much.

Calorie-wise it's been pretty much the same, so no change there, however.

I tell myself it is a good day if I can get through an entire day without a piece of LC chocolate, for example, and I didn't feel the need to today.

I had tried the new Xenadrine EFX (without ephedra) and while it really lifted my mood and gave me lots of energy, However, I noticed that it also got my blood pressure up, which did not please me too much, so I stopped using it.

I guess these sorts of aids are okay occasionally. I'll give this one a dry run and let everyone know. It does appear to be a good companion to LC so far at least with no annoying side effects yet.

I've looked at the Atkins Accel (my mom took it), but it has some of the same stuff that I take as a separate supplement anyway (you can check my journal for what supplements I am taking, if you like). My mom got a rapid heartbeat (probably from the caffeine) and stopped using it.

I think I have stalled out now somewhat, mostly because I stopped doing the daily exercise routine I had before I went on vacation in August. The August vacation really threw me for a loop--we travelled in a mini-van from Colorado to Missouri to Kentucky to W Virginia and back, the kids got shigella and were sick all the way home, so it was a real shocker. Then I got the shigella from cleaning up after the kids after we were back--the first time being sick in 5 months, so I was disappointed!

I do think that exercise is integral to this (or any other) weight loss and healthy lifestyle regimen.

My favorite workout DVD is Tamilee Webb's "I Want that Body." In the few months that I used it, I really could see my body define from doing her 15" sessions... I've got to get back to it. She does Arms, Abs, and Buns, and they are THE BEST workouts that you can do in 15".

My other favorite is a Tae Bo knockoff called Tai Fit. Great cardiovascular workout, really makes me sweat.

Hmmm.... I think I just might get busy and do that tomorrow morning.