View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 19:59

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

[QUOTE=krempges]Hi!
I was just wondering if anyone has lost weight on Actins when they have a Hypo thyroid? QUOTE]

I was diagnoised with Hasimoto's hypothyroidism 2 weeks before I started my Atkins WOL. So far I've lost 131 pounds in 16 months. I take levoxyl because of an allergic reaction to synthroid. I stayed at induction level carbs for 7 months to jump start my weight loss. I avoid the veggies that interfer with the conversion of T4 to T3 that are on the akins acceptable veggie list in chapter 11 of his rules of induction in the new book. When I get to premaintenance I may add them back and have my doctor adjust my dose but right now the scales are moving and I'm feeling good so I don't want any changes.
Your hypothyriod condition will not effect your ability to lose weight on the Atkins plan if your thyroid hormone levels are kept in range by your doctor tweaking your meds as needed and you are doing all parts of the plan ,Doing the mandatory required daily exercise, following the rules of induction and eating from the acceptable foods lists only the amount of food needed to satisfy your hunger at the time you are eating, drinking the required water and taking the vitamins and supplements you need.

Happy low carbing to you.