Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 09:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%
Question new member /?? about dia., BP, and Cholesteral

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]

Hi, My name is Tina and I just found this site today! I am so happy! I just went to the Dr. last week and he ran blood tests. So now, in addition to diabetes, high BP, anti-depressant meds, he tells me I have high cholesteral and wants to put me on an additional med! I am really fed up and getting serious about losing weight. I weigh 308 lbs. the new diabetes med made me really hungry and I ate all the time-gained the last 15 lbs. in the last 9 months! I was on Atkins about 5 years ago and lost 68 lbs. then got tired of it. Now, I need to regain my health, in addition to losing weight.

QUESTIONS: I also stopped Atkins because my hair was thinning. It still is and I have been off for over 5 years. Has anyone else had this problem?

2- The dr. said Glucophage wasn't working and put me on Avendament which made me ravenously hungry. I felt better on glucophage XR. I was on 500 mg. once a day (many times I took it twice a day)

3.- He is very open to low carb diets, but I can't say much about his interest in doing things naturally. I am sick of more meds and wanting to take control of my life instead of just letting things happen, so I am going back to the low-carb.

4. Has anyone had loss of hair from BP meds? My was thinning, but since I have been on BP meds., it is definitely worse.

5. My cholesterol is 232. I asked the nurse to send me the complete blood reports, so I am waiting for those.

Any help and encouragement anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. I am an emotional eater and am fighting hard NOT to eat when I am stressed!

Also, has anyone heard of HCA? I read about it in "The Diabetes Cure" and it seems to be helping.

Thanks to all of you. Tina
Sponsored Links