View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

I'm so sorry some of you are getting no support. I can't imagine how hard it must be!!

Thank goodness I'm a packrat and still have all my "thin" clothes packed away, all the way down to size 7 (which I'll never get in again I doubt). My dh said to me this morning as I was putting on a pair of jeans I'd just started fitting in about 1.5 weeks ago "Gee, those jeans are getting loose. Didn't we just get them out?" I said yes happily. He said, "Guess I'll get the boxes out again on Saturday for you". It was so nice he noticed, but actually it's just because he likes to sit and watch me try on the clothes I think

Our Salvation Army takes in clothes, as does the women's shelter and Goodwill. I don't know of anyone in my area that gives store credit though. The Salvation Army has Bag Day once per week (never on the same day tho) where for $5 you can fill a paper grocery sack with clothes and the whole thing is still only $5. There's also several consignment shops. Check around, you'll find that you can get pretty nice stuff for very little at these types of places.

Oh, and for adukart -- dh does alot of the cooking here because he likes to cook. His one complaint has been that none of our cookbooks have anything in them that I can eat. He's not one of those people who can just throw things in a pot, he needs a recipe. So, I went and found Atkins Cookbook on sale at Barnes and Noble for only $11. Now he's happy. Maybe that would help your situation?

Like the person above said, we'll support you here, so don't think you're alone!!

Julie