View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 22:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Bernstein
Stats: 237/223.6/180 Male 70 inches
BF:33/24/12
Progress: 24%

I'm walking at 3 mph. I just try to do a little better than last time when I'm on the treadmill.(increasing time or incline or speed)

Quote:
stacysheil
I was reading your fitday and saw "hamburger pie" what is that?

Hamburger Pie

2lbs of ground beef(lean)
1 package of cream cheese
2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp horseraddish
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
dehydrated onions to taste

1st combine cream cheese, mustard, and horseraddish, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and dehydrated onions in a mixing bowl. Smooth it all out so when its done it will be a creamy yellow almost like the consistancy of the yolk of deviled eggs. Put aside, and split beef in half. Make a large hamburger patty and put into a round cooking dish(or square if you dont have round). Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and spread cream cheese mixture over the hamburger patty and take the other half of beef and make into another patty. Put on top of the patty with the cream cheese mixture and pinch the sides closed sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 325 for 55 min or until well done. Slice like a pie and enjoy!

Its pretty good and it makes alot.
real easy for leftovers or something to take to work

I would suggest seasoning the hamburger meat and I also like to spread cheese on top during the last 10 or 15 minutes of baking

This recipe has a lot of room for tweaking, I'm going to add mushrooms next time.

After you try it you will see the endless possabiltys