#6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 22:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflyer
You need to add the B complex vits. This will stop the cramping and aches and will work well with the other vits. Read Dr. Atkin's book on vit-nutrients.

I can understand supplementing Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, and Folate. But, why do Atkins Supplements contain B12 ??? I get my Daily Value, before I finish Breakfast. I can't see how anyone doing Atkins [except maybe vegetarians - in which case they should have a seperate supplement for them,] could possibly need to supplement their B12. That being said, I supplement only Folate (B9, I believe) I get the rest of my B-Complex from the foods I eat. Pork is particularly rich in B-Complex Vitamins.

As for the problem noted in the original post, it sounds like not enough Potassium. If you eat beef, keep the juices and consume them too. Beef and Soy are two very good sources of Potassium. An FDA serving [which is actually obscenely small - 3 to 4 oz.] of Top Round Steak [if you keep the juices] rivals the ubiquitous Banana. Top Sirloin and Chuck have slightly less, but are still very good sources.