View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 21:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297.5/272.5/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default I persuaded someone to start Atkins!!

Hello all!

Hope you all didn't miss me too much I have been around, but just reading the posts and getting my daily "LowCarber.org" visits in!

Anyways, I was over at my girlfriend's house the other day...and she and her roomate have been trying to do Weight Watchers for the past 2 months or so. I'm not hating on Weight Watchers, I'm sure something that nationally known probabbly works for millions of people who actually follow it to the book, but I just found it ironing that the ladies would come home from work saying things like "I have 5 points left...what should I have?" Well, my problem with WW is that you can have any foods you want (pop, pizza, snacks, etc...). That fact might actually be the reason that people try it. But...in a diet like that, where you can have whatever you want, those who do it are not restricted on what they can eat...just how many "points" they can have. We are restricted to what we can eat (to a certain extent)...which is why it works. Anyways, it's just ironing that they would come home from work and order Papa Johns, saying that this is their "flex points" day...wtf is that?

Moving on...I could see that WW was not working for them for that reason...they could have whatever they wanted. But I convinced my girlfriends' roomate to start Atkins!! She requested that I bring my copy of DANDR so she could read it...I happily did so! It makes me feel good when I can influence someone's choice like that that is so significant. I think that my girlfriend is not too far behind either!! I just told them the stories of what I can eat and still lose weight...and we seriously had like a 1.5 hour conversation about it. I felt like the resident Atkins pro! I was answering question after question...and after the conversation she decided to hop on board with me!!

Take care everyone, and good luck to you all!

Todd
Sponsored Links