View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: Bodyopus - Varied
Stats: 215/210/190 Male 5'11"
BF:~8%
Progress: 20%

Thanks Trainerdan for the insight. I am mentally prepared for GVT (I know it's going to be hell), but I thought maybe with a 20% or so increase to my maintenance caloric intake, as well as the insulin spikes (assuming I can get it to work nicely and get the right amount figured out and the timing of it all), that I would be able to pull it off. What I am trying to figure out and will be contemplating on between now and then is how I can control the cortisol levels and the muscle catabolism that will more than likely take place from such a workout. I would assume that that insulin spikes would help with that, and the workout itself would really help drive back down. The other thing too is that I'm not sure if ketosis is all that necessary. I mean, a little fat gain is expected when mass training, but what I am curious to see is if the workout does drive be back to ketosis (with the help of the insulin crash), then how minimal can I keep the fat gain while I put on mass? Or can I keep it to zero? That's what interests me about trying it. I don't mind going through hell just to see if it works. If not, then by all means....everyone please learn from me