View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 14:45

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

This was also a problem for me. I also thought it was because I didn't brush my hair often during the day, but months have passed and I have felt my hair getting thinner and thinner. My DD who does my color for me asked me a month or so ago what in the heck was going on with my hair. She noticed how thin it was getting on top and this has never been a problem with me. I have always had VERY thick hair. Made a Dr. appt, but she didn't have any answers. I was referred to a dermatologist, but the insurance has decided this is a cosmetic thing and will not pay for it so I cancelled.

Meanwhile, I was reading on the thyroid forum, as I suspected this may be part of the problem, and someone had mentioned in one of the threads about taking coconut oil. I looked into it further on my own, ordered some oil off the internet and have been taking it for nearly 3 weeks (tomorrow). Already new hair is coming in. I am combing/washing out much, much less, and all my white hair is darkening as the new hair is coming in dark.

I know this would take a giant leap of faith, but I took it and am very pleased with the results. There have been many other benefits, but losing my hair was really the one that was bothering me.

If you are interested in learning more about this....tropicaltraditions.com has lots of info. and there is a discussion group with yahoo.

Deb