#14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 05:55
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Here are a few easy ideas for appetizers at parties:

Meatballs, either homemade or the frozen packaged ones. I heat them up and serve them with Atkins (or Steeles) sf honey mustard dressing as a dip.

Chicken wings, again either homemade or bought frozen. Tyson's makes a "Hot and Spicy" flavor which is very low in carbs. Their other flavors are much higher, perhaps because of the breading?

Pork Rinds. I've been surprised to learn how many folks will eat pork rinds. I took a bag of them to a friend's party a few months ago so that I would have something to eat, and once they were put out on the table, everyone else started gobbling them up. Hurrumph....

Nuts, especially smoked almonds.

Olives, any kind. Mt. Olive Splenda sweetened gherkins. Food Lion carries them. So does Lowes Fresh Market, but I'm not sure if you have Lowes in Virginia.

Bacon wrapped shrimp, broiled or grilled. Well, that one entails a bit of work....

Celery stuffed with cream cheese mixed with chopped pecans.

You can also put out other high carb things like chips for your guests, but with the lc stuff mentioned above, you and any other lc-ers will have lots to choose from.

My only addtional "holiday meal" suggestion would be to try to find Williams-Sonoma's Turkey Gravy Base. Two grams per 1/8 of a cup (2 tablespoons) which is enough to moisten a serving of turkey. The jar says to mix it with milk while heating and add drippings from the turkey, but we like it "straight" out of the jar, heated up. It's darn good stuff! Very rich tasting.

Party on!

Kay