Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 05:32
Registered Member

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 124/122/120 Female 65inches
BF:25/19/15
Progress: 50%
Lightbulb Carbs make me blow up like a balloon

Hi All,

I just thought I'd share this with you all. After some pressure from someone who is convinced low carbing is going to give me a heart attack I decided to do an experiment for a week which was to include wholegrain carbs in my diet and cut down on meat, cheese, eggs etc. The reason I did this was to see if a wholegrain carb diet with no white flour, sugar, sweets etc etc. would make me put on weight. I included whole oats, brown rice, beans etc but no refined products at all and I didn't eat that much at all, certainly my calorie count was lower than on low carb.

Result: I tried it for three days. My waist measurement went up by 1 and a half inches and I gained two and a half pounds. Besides that I felt bloated and uncomfortable and had a sickly sweet taste in my mouth.

I decided to abandon it after three days- at that rate a week would see me blow up like a balloon!

The moral of my story: I'm going to stick with what suits me. I look and feel better on a low carb diet and now no one can persuade me otherwise- I've done my own research on that!

All the best
Alison
Sponsored Links