Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 15:47
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Nat:

Quote:
Doing abs with cardio is part of an 'officially modified' BFL plan (this is where ab bootcamp fits into BFL). A lot of us do this - it's just more convenient.

That's good to hear. I'll re-read the ab bootcamp article.

Quote:
Pushups are an excellent exercise - I've used them to prefatique going into a workout (although not BFL). I'd do 3 sets to failure with 1 minute rest between sets, wait 5 minutes then do my chest / bicep workout or my back / tricep workout.

Oh God, why did I post this? My masochism is showing through. OK, so I'll do this before my UBW. It's something I've always had a hard time doing so I'd like to add it into my program. LOL, maybe I can poke my eye out with a sharp stick while I'm at it.

Quote:
Re the LBWO, are you underestimating your strength? The legs do get more work on a daily basis and it takes more to get them to hit that wall, unlike UBWO (especially for us women). 90% of the time I cannot get my calves to hurt at all. Do you have a spotter when you workout?

No, unfortunately I don't have a spotter. I'm trying to recruit DH. I'm probably not working myself hard enough b/c the burn gets in the way. How do you work past the burn? Is that just psychological? Although I'm not fatigued, I don't think I can do another rep b/c the burn hurts too bad. I get the worst burn in my calves that causes me to limp for a bit immediately afterwards.

But this doesn't happen in my UB. I go to fatigue without the burn. Does that make sense?

Thanks as always Nat!

Wanda