#740   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:26

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hiiii Cly, Hi Charlie

Nice to see you busy....
Am having the day off today and find my Friday is already ruined....was planning on getting done with work early as usual and go home and bake a birthday cake for son #2 (21st)...now I have to work til 4 and we leave for football soon after.

Cly, can't wait for the recipes.....hope u test them too lol...I have had such bad luck with a few baking ones.....esp soy...YUCK

You know Cly you are such a hard worker no wonder u have no energy left...
I find the time in the gym in the morning is ME time...sure its work (out) but I feel so much better afterwards...besides I get to listen to my music while I am doin'.

Charlie,

If u want to invest in something without breaking the budget...I would suggest just 2 items...something for cardio and a bench with weights.
Right now I like the elliptical at the gym the best. It seems tuff at first after using a treadmill but it is so much easier on the knees and back than any other equipment. It gets your heart rate up, it can pump your legs and arms depending on the strength adjustment and it keeps you in swing.

the bench and weights of course are long term commitment to strength training.
If you are really out to shape that is it.
Here too I have my cd-player at my hip and I am in wonderland.
Nothing eats calories more than muscles and nothing makes u slimmer than muscle tone.
Like I said...try filling laundry soap bottles up first and give it a try. There are some good sites for instructions how all the excercises are performed . Good form is of upper importance here.

The pilates tapes are great......but not easy for me to incorporate right now.
Once I am home...and I should make a little noise, everyone gets up and I pretty much am done trying with evil eyes upon me. We are talking limited space.....BUT if you have them go for it.....I think they look like a challenge master and would tone you up nicely.
Walking is great excercise....just remember to either increase your distance and/or speed.
Everything in excercise is about setting new and higher goals.....and then mix them up so the body stays in a constant state of surprise.

Hope that helps a bit....

Bu