View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 23:40

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%

I just want to point out two things from my experience...

1. Every other time I've lost weight (maybe 10 times since I was 18) I DID regain it within 12-18 months. After losing 36 pounds on Atkins 18 months ago, I've maintained the exact same weight by continuing to LC 6 days a week with very little effort. I have no doubt that as I continue I will NEVER regain it.

2. It is virtually universal that critics of LC always miss two facts in their diatribes:

a. Their description of Atkins is almost always an oversimiplified description of Induction alone...they always the miss the fact there are multiple stages and that maintenance is not really "eating bacon and eggs every morning and steaks for dinner every night".

b. They always describe the common notion of a simple, well-balanced, healthy diet as sufficient. They always neglect the possibility that losing weight requires different processes than maintaining a healthy weight.

Another issue in this article is the statement about "normal" people's blood sugar fluctuations. My belief (at least for me) is that, when it comes to blood sugar fluctuations, I (like many people here) am NOT normal. Presuming I was otherwise normal and just FAT is the mistake I made for too long before discovering LC>