View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/125/128 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 104%

Just had to comment on this one, I'm now within 5 lbs of my goal weight, 196 to 133 (goal 128) in 10 months. I still feel "fat" no matter what anyone else says, I think after a lifetime of being overweight it takes longer for your mind to realize that you're no longer overweight. I keep jumping back & forth, maybe I need to be 123 to drop this belly fat (I think it's actually just skin that hasn't firmed up yet) but because I realize it's mostly in my mind, I'm going to stop at 128 and wait 6 months and see how I feel then before trying to lose anymore. No matter how much you tell someone that they look great, don't need to lose any more weight, etc, etc, unless that person can look in the mirror and say to themselves "I'm OK, I look good, I'm healthy" and truly believe it, they'll still feel like a fat person inside. I actually had this discussion earlier with my hubby, telling him that "I'm still a "fat" person inside, my feelings are no different, I still don't like people looking at me, etc, because I have not adjusted to being a normal weight." <sigh>
Suzy