View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Lisa, thank you so much for your great information.
Please, Please be so kind to come back, and give us your suggestions or comments on the information given or exposed. You have been of great help, and very very kind.

Lonnie, Lisa, Please read this article and tell me what you think. http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm/article_id,8147

Quote:
1. Can I have pork rinds on Induction? This question currently has been asked by 92 different members, and the list is still growing! Somehow, pork rinds hit a nerve in the Atkins community. The answers are: yes and no! The Atkins plan asks you to limit carbohydrate foods strictly in Induction, which should only last about two weeks. We recommend fresh foods high in nutritional value. Some pork rinds are flavored with maltodextrin and other sugar flavorings. However, if the package says zero carbohydrate, then you can try them if you like.

Now I know where the confusion started! YES AND NO!

HO! I am once again here. Gilibel has edited her post and added the following information after having her Doctor's appointment:

EDIT - New info after doctor's appointment:

Quote:
Dear Doc said that too much as well as too little protein can cause oedema!! If too much protein is consumed, it can burden the kidneys heavily hence causing leaking/oedema. Just as well as the other explanation about protein deficiency I posted above! Unfortunately he didn't have any figures as to what would be "too much protein". Probably loads more than any of us consume anyway.

I Just wanted to post this here. I will do more research on this matter.

Good night!!