View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 14:38

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
She was quite complimentary about my results of the past 6 months, but still clung to the saturated fat thing. She said eat nuts, avacados, coconut oil, olive oil, basically all the oils, but to limit dairy fat and meat fat. She said that even though my lipid profile looked great, the BAD fats were damaging me in a long-term way. I told her that no studies had ever proven that. She said, yes...but there will be.

Since when are doctors giving nutritional advice based on what they think might be proven sometime in the not defined future? Oh, wait....they've been doing that for a couple of decades already with the fat/heart disease hypothesis.

Seriously, Sherri...those are some awesome numbers and you should be proud of yourself for what you've achieved in the past 6 months!
Unfortunately, the endo has to base her opinion on what she's seeing the day you see her unless you happened to keep blood sugar logs that you could bring with you to the visit, something I do with my own doctor...at least the past few weeks' worth, including what I ate and what my blood sugar readings were in response. The first time I did that, he was WAY impressed, now he expects it.
I'm glad to hear that your OB/GYN is taking you seriously and is ordering the tests that you need. Keep up the good work!