View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-01, 04:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/193/150
BF:
Progress: 28%

I just love this support group. Y'all make me feel so 'normal'...LOL. Second week of induction and I thought I was imagining things but what I have noticed is just what all of you have mentioned. How 'sweet' things taste....almost sickening sweet. Caffeine Free Diet Cokes are a little too overpowering now. I much prefer the thirst quenching freshness of ice cold spring water.

Also, a pleasant experience has been to taste the 'sweetness' in simple foods like a slice of cold cucumber on top of my salad. Never really noticed before I guess because my palate was being overpowered by all the artificial stuff.

13 pounds in 10 days...will measure on Sunday..the end of week two just out of curiosity. They say the tape tells more than the scales.

I love this way of eating....because I am NEVER hungry. What a new experience that is after years of low-fat eating.

I used to eat the movie popcorn with butter and extra salt of course. It is just a small miracle my poor body has actually survived with all the former abuse I put it through. Geez!!

The next 40 years are certainly going to be different.

Have a good one all!!