View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 04:18

Plan: Free-range
Stats: 161/154/140 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Sherrilee...sure I remember you. I have been wondering how the endo visit went. What an experience ..!!
Because the FBS A1c & b/p are the only results given in the measurements I understand, I can't comment on your trig HDL LDL (search the internet for the 'normal' range).. but.. the three I do know are excellent...especially the A1c if you are doing this on diet/exercise alone. That test is the one most doctors use to judge your control over the past three months, and it indicates that you are not staying elevated for very long at all. Your FBS backs this result up really because both that and the A1c indicate the same sort of figures...between 90-100 most of the time. When do you test..before, or 2.5 hrs after meals, or both..?
Your b/p looks pretty good too. Thank heavens Mz Endo appreciated your weight loss, and now you have an opportunity to prove her wrong in your case .
You are quite right to be concerned about diabetes, but I believe you are on the right track.
Just one other thing !! Have you had your meter calibrated (checked against a 'test' solution ) lately. This can be done at a diabetes clinic or some pharmacies ..check with the makers/distributors for where to go...the meter could be a little bit 'out' ..the A1c is considered very accurate.
Keep up the good work, and keep posting .........Eve