Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Hi Lonnie,

let's see your stats:

Total: 1528
Try increasing your calorie intake

Fat: 105 949 64%
Try increasing a little more your fat intake Ex. One or two extra tablespoons of butter, Olive oil, or Mayo will do the trick. When increasing your fat intake, your calorie intake will also increase considerably. Remember that just 1 gm of fat has 9 calories.

Carbs: 22 61 4%
Try increasing your Carb intake with 1 more cup of veggies. Net Carbs= 15 gms.
it looks a little low. Atkins mentions that less carbs = to faster weight loss. but he also recommends that the Carb intake for induction phase should be 20 gms and most of them coming from veggies.

Fiber: 7 0 0%
I think that you can have 1 more cup of high fiber veggies. Let me know how you feel after increasing your fiber a little more[/COLOR]

Protein: 120 478 32%
Protein intake looks fine. PP suggests you multiply your LBM (Lean Body mass) by .6 if you are slightly active, .8 if you are moderate active, and .9-.10 if you are an athlete or body builder.

Ex: My LMB is 125 lbs X .6 = 75 grams of Protein/day

I completely agree with Rosebund. With a little more fat your stats will look great! GOOD JOB!!!!

Oedema

After earching more n the internet about this subject, I read in many articles, that Oedema is caused more due to deficiency in protein intake, and not the opposite as what I have posted. I am really sorry for posting an information that is not accurate. My confusion is now cleared out!

Quote from Rosebund:

Quote:
I think it's great that you are offering to help people. However you are still a new low carber yourself with a lot to learn. So please be a little more cautious about what you say to other new folk.

I'm doing my best. The last thing I will like to do , is harm anyone. I will be a little more cautious before giving any information put in this forum.
I will not tell you how many hours a day I spend in this forum and the internet, because you will not believe it Is also really amazing all the info and the interesting comments posted in here. And also, Is amazing the support and help I've gotten from other forum members. I want to transmit that knowledge, to people that ask me for help, like everyone does, by guiding them thru this WOE and WOL, so they will not have to go thru months of having to learn all by themselves. I only help the ones who ask me to help them, and one thing for sure, is that I do help them with All my Heart and Caring. Thank you Rosebund. I understand your concern.