View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 18:51
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Meg! Hi Tofi! Great tips! I have not really had a stall yet but I have had to learn patience. When I first started the weight loss was really slow and it was frustrating but I stuck with the plan and it paid off. I also think that my metabolism needed to heal. I received alot of amazing advice from this forum.

I have had periods when my weight loss has slowed down and I just try to be patient, drink my water and know that eventually the scale will move or my inches will decrease.

I have not moved beyond 20-25g of carb and I know I have to do this. It is just really hard because I am so comfortable at that range but in my head I realize I have to start increasing my carbs.

I think what really helps is that stay away from low carb products or at least have them in moderation. I eat most veggies, sometimes nuts and fruit on rare occasions. I don't drink pop or coffee, just water and no aspartame. I have splenda but not very often and I have never tried any products with sugar alcohols.

The only time I ever cheated was last week when I went on a trip to Miami last weekend. I cheated for the last three days but I did not gain anything (just water 3 pounds). The next day I went right back on plan the day after the 3 pounds were gone. I don't intend to do this often. It was scary, I was afraid that I would have cravings and that I would have all those detox symptons like when I did Induction but I was okay. I think it helped that I did alot of walking and swimming and I only ate two meals on the days that I cheated. Also, I drank water only though I just had a taste of my friends drinks (3-4 at most). Cheating just sets you back though and I will try my hardest not to do that again.

The best tip that I can give is stick with whatever low carb program you are doing. If you follow the rules you plan will work. Seriously. Just be patient and persist. Oh yeah, I think exercise is mandatory.

Good luck low carbers. We can do this!

Peace
red