Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 23:21
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/170/150 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind-full
We don't need anything fancy ... except a good, low-carb crust. And, there are professional bakers out there making them with Wheat Protein Isolate (a natural, low carb "flour") and other healthy, natural ingredients.
Your stores will find take-out orders and new restaurant visits like you've never seen before with a low-carb offering. Why? Those of us who eat the low carb way haven't ordered pizza in days, weeks, months or years.
So, please, go low carb for us. You'll be glad you did.

Have you actually tried one of those crusts made with Wheat Protein Isolate? How was it? I tried a packaged mix flax meal pizza crust and it was NASTY, NASTY, NASTY! I would rather not eat pizza for "weeks, months, years" if that flax crust was the only alternative. I don't expect a soy crust (the other mix at Central Market) would be any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind-full

I figure they can't lose -- how many thousands of us haven't done pizza in ages? Would we not hit a pizza place in droves if it offered LC foods?

---Amy

Depends on the word of mouth. If Pizza Hut made something with a good or even nondescript crust, I would go for it -- but they'd probably lose even more customers if they put out something like that horrible flaxmeal crust.