#8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 21:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Lonnie,

No problem. I will be checking on your stats until you get back on track.

Well, here in Spain there is a new brand of yogurt called Greek yogurt. Is creamy, soft, and made of whole milk. I really like it. I suggested that , because I have read in this forum , that they sell this yogurt in the USA, and is the type of yogurt I have about 3 times a week.

I want to suggest you not to be scared of fat. In order to loose fat on Atkins, you need fat. It is the inductor of ketosis, and without it you will not be able to get into Ketosis, and start movilizing the fat in your body.

Too much protein can cause aedema: water retention, swallen face, feet, hands.

Please, please, drink lots and lots of water. The great amount of protein produces dehydration. Also you need to drain that fat out of your system, and this is the only way to do it. Also remember that when you are in ketosis, the production of ketones produces bad breath and a smell like "Amonia". A good way to stop this smell and ugly mouth taste and smell also, is by drinking lots of water. By lots, I mean about 1 gallon of water a day. At the beginnig it will be kind of hard for you to have all this amount of water, but believe me, after the first day, your body will ask for it, and you will feel comfortable drinking it.
I Drink much more than 1 gallon a day...and I feel Great.

Please post your stats in here every day for the next week. I will post my comments and suggestions.

Go to the halo_slips thread and read it from the beginning. I have been helping here for a week now. You will be able to find good information to get you back in track.

See you tomorrow. If I do not answer quickly is because I am from Spain, and there is about 7 hours difference. Here is right now 5.15 am.

See ya!!