#2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 20:19
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi here4help!

Welcome to the board. I live alone now so its not as difficult for me, but I live close to my mother and see her on a daily basis and spend most of my meals there anyway. She is super ultra vegan nut so the most I get from her is telling me that I am getting parasites in my body, that I am unelightened and that my body is way too acidic and a breeding ground for diseases (lovely imagery I know) But on the bright side, watching her eat nothing but raw veggies all day makes me feel like I am the one cheating by eating real meat and cheese and butter and eggs.

I had a similar situation with my ex boyfriend though. I eas trying to eat healthy and he would order pizza or chinese food keep junk food in the house and it would drive me nuts because I would see the food and control myself and then eventually get into a bad mood and go on an all out binge because the food was all there. It was really tough to try and eat differently, not to mention cook twice or cook things like pasta and rice and make sandwiches for him etc.

He fully supported what I was doing but didnt want to join. We did make some compromises that when he orders out he has to eat it in the spare bedroom and eat it all. The problem with the junkfood became so bad with me that I actually locked a closet in the spare bedroom with his junk food and I gave him the key, just so in my mind I cant access it. It worked for me. It was hard not to get tempted. At the time I also had my low fat or fat free treats (I was on a low fat high carb diet) So I would eat my skinnycow Ice cream when he would have his regular one etc. He tried to be good and not eat the junk food around me. Sometimes I caved and other times I felt really good that I didnt, and yet other times I didnt even know he ate the stuff till after.

Whatever you do, its hard, it just takes willpower(and if all else fails a lock and key). Support is key, hopefully he will make it as easy as possible and be supportive of you.

Good luck,

-MJ-