#10   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 376/339/190 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Bandwagon always has more room!

Folks...couldn't agree more. That is what has me so excited about going back on induction (day three back on induction btw).

While I was on maintenance I did not measure anything...except my weight. If my weight increased I was prepared to cut back carbs or go back on induction. But it never happened. No weight increase.

Eliminating sugar, white flour and most starches seems to be enough in keeping me away from weight gain. Then again I am a guy and work out with aerobic and anaerobic excercise plans. My metabolisim is working at peake efficiency which it never did prior to eating managed carbs.

I cannot stress the next part enough: you must...you MUST have a plan! Going on vacation will be invitation to a binge and possible destruction of your managed carb lifestyle. 'Destruction' is not a complimentary word and that is why I have used it in context. Like anything else worthwhile in life it takes a long time to accomplish and almost no effort to destroy it. Many of us in TDC are emotional creatures. We have dealt with obesity or morbid obesity for much of our lives. Compare all the heartache we have felt to the excitement of losing weight and becoming healthier. Is it worth turning our backs on that progress? Of course not! That is why we need a plan and support. If you do elect to try maintenace or a 'planned stall' make sure you know how you are going to do it and have a friend(s) you talk to about it. Also...have a sound exit strategy. If you gain weight, go back on induction or at least cut back your carbs to your CCL.

Remember, it is not how quickly you make the goal. This is not a sprint. It is a marathon.