#21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 20:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaman
you know, for any kind of improvement in nutrition, the kids will need some appetite, which they are never going to have as long as they are taking in a few hundred calories every day of high fructose corn syrup, from drinks. few hundred? that might be conservative. BTW, when I was young, the schools had actual kitchens, where food was cooked, not just meals brought in from industrial plants. People could have dignified worthwhile jobs, add their special touches, one lady made stewed tomatoes that many of us loved - so I suppose they were all fired, so that "meals' could be made by minimum wage employees of agribiz conglomerates. Likewise voicemail, put a few switchboard operators on welfare, spend millions on the systems, a small price to pay for the opportunity to piss off everyone who phones. My, how i do go on.

You are SO right! When I was in grammar school (many moons ago) we had REAL food--like you said--and real people who actually knew how to COOK real food! When you de-humanize every industry, you get a country full of lazy, rude people and overweight, unhealthy people. I wish more people would realize that cooking real food from scratch really isn't hard. My dream job... either teaching people to cook... or cooking real food for homeless/helpless people. Someday!