View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Right now my goal has more to do with muscle definition than weight. I like the way my limbs and shoulders look - yes even my butt and thighs, but I carry my fat in my waist and would like to see some lines for my obliques. That's why I want to lose more, I want an athletic look.

Oil fast I could not stick to - and I started it the week before TOM which was not smart! I started it on a Thursday, and the Friday before I had arrived from Germany (I get swollen ankles when I fly) and I had been hiking with a heavy pack and standing all day at work that week. I had no ankle bones. 1.5 days after starting the fast I had lost 8 lbs of water... including 1.5 inches from the waist, 2" off hips and 2" off butt. It was water, of course, but I'll take inches off in any form.

I did the fat fast in June with spectacular results and did not gain weight back until I went to Canada for a month and then pigged out 24/7. It happens every time I go to my Grandmums - I don't know what is wrong with me. Its true you gain weight back after a fast but a) some of it is just food being in your intestines b) some of it is water due to adding in foods which make you hold water, for example me it would be a lot of cheese or certain vegetables my body doesn't like very much. c) if you eat more calories than you need of course you will gain weight whether it's low carb or not.

I think that an oil fast is good when you're TRULY stuck, and under the right circumstances. Like, for me it would have to be over X number of days where i wasn't exercising except for walking. I think it's psychologically really hard though and could cause a lot of people to binge.