#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 11:22

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Newbie with a question

Hi!

I am so happy to see all these messages from people eating Paleo! I have read much on the subject and am convinced it is the way for me.

I have been doing my best to eat Paleo since 10/6/03 (about two weeks).

I have not lost any weight yet (but I am not very overweight). Wondering if it is because I have not stuck to the Paleo WOE religiously yet.

The first five days I was very good about it (and noticed lots of sweating--is that normal?). Then we went on vacation and it got a bit harder. Had bread half a slice of cheesecake two days in a row. Then on the car ride home, stopped for lunch and the least offesive choice of food was chili (but it had beans in it!!). Then I have had bread two more times and (terrible I know) ordered a pizza one night this week. Still, overall I have had way less grains, legumes & dairy than before.

I have noticed that when I eat grains I feel more "bloated full" and get heartburn. So I think I may be on my way to not eating them at all (since it is starting to not be fun). So far I don't miss legumes at all. And although I have always been a cheese lover, haven't minded giving it up.

Have other people had some shakey starts like this (i.e. little bits of cheating here and there)?

Also, are squashes considered Paleo? I had read somewhere that winter ones were but then I read that they can't be eaten raw so I am confused. What squashes (if any) are considered Paleo?

Thanks!

JPaleo
Sponsored Links