#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 09:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Angry sloooo-oo-o-ooow page loading

I've been noticing this for the past week at least, and getting worse since yesterday. I connect to the site instantly, so the tracer thing won't show a connection problem.

What happens, I get the line at the top ... Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet discussion provided free for information purposes, NOT as medical advice ... right away ... so I know I've connected okay. Then, the Active lowcarber logo ... then after a while, the orange menu bar and the ad banner at the top, although often the ad banner is a blank frame. Nothing else loads until the ad is loaded. Then slowly one by one, the icons -- profile, home, faq, etc.... - load. Then, I leave the room and come back 5 minutes later and maybe, just maybe the forum page itself might have loaded. Often, it will go to a "Cannot Find" error page.

Yesterday and today both, I typed up long, detailed posts, with links and lots of researched information ... stupid me, I did not think to copy and paste into a Notepad on my desktop ... Both times, took me an hour to look up stuff and type the posts ... Yesterday, I clicked "preview post" to save it, as well as to preview it ... and it hung forever, then, as I described above, only part of the page loaded, then eventually went to "cannot find" error page. Today, I clicked submit ... it hung again forever, and now it's lost. All that work that could have helped the members I was posting to.

It's very discouraging, and makes me not want to post at all, if all my hard work is just going to disappear into thin air. I shouldn't have to do all my work on a Notepad. Even so, when I paste the message into a new reply box, and try to do the formatting, the post is lost when I try to preview or submit.

Or is it my crappy browser that is all the problem??

Doreen
Sponsored Links