View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 13:18
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I think that sometimes people will parrot what other people say when they dont have enough information they have gathered on their own. My doctor told me a while ago when I spoke to him about a diet plan, what I needed to do. He gave me a list of veggies I should eat (told me not to eat "starchy" veggies like carrots and potatoes) and told me to eat lean chicken and fish. I could not eat this way, food was way to limited without the fat options I can enjoy eating Atkins. It didn't work because I couldnt stick with it. I asked him about Atkins later and he said no, don't do it. That was about a year ago. Someone gave me the book about 4 or 5 months ago and I read it, the list of veggies he wanted me to eat.... all in the book as foods I could eat in induction, other than the fat I get to have the rest of the diet was pretty much the same. He told me not to do something - yet the diet he prescribed was a low fat version of it. I went back after I lost 15 pounds and wanted blood work done and asked him if he knew what the atkins diet was, he said he didnt read the book and that was the reason he would not recomend it. When I told him it was pretty similar to the eating plan he tried to stick me on, he said he would look into it. I havent seen him again since, but I am curious to what he recomends now that he has the facts.