View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 06:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi GoodNFast,

Another Kate here, also born & bred in Sydney.

Kate gave you a great list, but perhaps you'd also like to see Bondi, Sydney's famous beach. And if you are going to be there 3 and a half days, also see if you can go to the Blue Mountains, they are about an hour and a half west of Sydney and have beautiful scenery & rock formations, really lovely.

Also my favourite part of the city (I work there every day ) is the Queen Victoria Building in the heart of the city, which is now a beautiful shopping centre where you can get some lovely Australian goodies, and sit down for a nice cup of tea after a tough day's sight-seeing!!!

If you love Australian opals and pearls, DON'T GO RETAIL. There will be a gazillion jewellers selling opals and pearls everywhere you look, and THEY ALL CHARGE TOO MUCH. There is a place called AUSTRALIAN OPAL CUTTERS (www.australianopalcutters.com) and AUSTRALIAN PEARL DIVERS who sell wholesale direct to the public (they are the one business, but 2 names). Their work is exquisite, too. Write this down... they are at Level 11, 250 Pitt Street, which is not too far away from the Queen Victoria Building. It's right in the heart of the city, and about a 25 minute walk from Circular Quay.

That's about the only really good money-saving tip I can give you though!!!

As far as restaurants go, you might want to try Doyle's famous seafood restaurant near the Rocks (at the overseas passenger terminal), and Tetsuya's is great too.

Have fun!!!

Katt