#4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 05:09
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default Hi there !

...I had mine out a year and a half ago. It was great, - and a new life, to get rid of it. I lost a lot of weight the last 2 months before my operation. All I could eat was toast and all I could drink was water.
I kept it off as I kept on eating sensible (or so I thought) But last april I also stopped smoking and gained a lot of weight (all I'd lost and then some). I've been doing Atkins now since July 28th. I was a bit worried about the fat as well, and tried not to eat to much of it. I did not eat enough fat or calories due to this and stalled. I stalled for more than 6 weeks and started losing again two weeks ago, after upping carbs, cals and fat. For me it's about finding the right balance for MY body. I've never eaten so much fat before, but I've never felt better. Your body produces enough bile for this WOE, you just don't have the "storage facility" for the bile anymore ! You just have to try and find the best balance for your body. My balance is roughly:

I should eat 10-12 times by body weight in calories, - and this is the breakdown:

4 -10% should come from Carbs ( no more than 20g of Carbs)
25 - 30% should come from Protein
65 - 70% from FAT

Yesterday my fat procentage was 81% and I though I would have an attack during the night - I didn't - and to day I've lost more weight !

I think the fat procentage matter less, it's all about the combination of what you eat. I also found out that drinking lots of water helps flushing the fat out. As it did when I had severe gallstone pains every day. Water, and lots of it, eased the pain.

Well that's what I think. Others might have a different perspective !
Good luck to you, - I wish you well !

Here is what Atkins say about gallbladder, - before surgery:
http://atkins.com/Archive/2002/10/31-706137.html

PS I'm a 47 (of yesterday) year old woman who did fit the perfect gallbladder victim, the three F's; Female, Fat and over Forty, or at least that's what the doc told me ! Thanks to surgery and Atkins I'm not anymore !!!!!