View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 17:56
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I think if she had the surgery, her weightloss would have been much more noticible by now...IMO

I do agree that she's entitled to her privacy. Being a celebrity shouldn't make EVERY aspect of your life fair game. Although, on that show they discuss just about as much as the Sex in the City girls....just pg rated! She has gotten defensive in the past, especially during the weight-loss challenge that Joy and some of the others took part in. She got a lot of mail asking why SHE didn't join in, since of all the women SHE needed it the most... I guess after those kind of comments, I'd be guarded too!

Al Roker was quite clear that he wished he didn't have to "go public" about his surgery. He said he didn't want to encourage or discourage others, since the choice is between that person and their doctor. He did a couple of interviews about it, then let it drop.

When I see people reluctant to post here, even anonymously, and think of how it takes so much bravery for them to come forward and share their concerns, hopes, successes and failures... I wonder how hard it would be to have your whole "journey" fodder for very public discussion....and those Enquirer pictures!