#6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 12:13
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/244/150 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 6%
Exclamation Me, too!

I have been in ketosis everyday for the past 13 days and have lost 1 pound. I've also been measuring and have not lost inches. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing it right, but I too am not seeing results! I lost my first 5 lbs. within the first 3 days of induction (water weight I assume). I know how discouraging it is. I'm wondering why I'm doing this WOE if it isn't going to work for me. I haven't started exercising yet and know that that will make a big difference, BUT, it would probably make the EXACT same difference as if I eat regularly (including carbs and sugar) and exercise. I was hoping that I would lose weight by LCing (it's been a miracle for so many people--I wanted it to be my miracle as well!!!), but am losing faith. You can add exercise to any WOE and lose weight (when you weigh as much as I do). Why Atkins? Why am I an exception to the millions that it has worked for? This is the first time that I've tried to lose weight in 10 years and just KNEW that it would work like magic! Hmmmm...maybe I'm in that 1% of all people that it doesn't work (as it says in the book)???

Here's a sample of a typical day for me:

Breakfast:
3 scrambled eggs
3 strips of bacon
glass of water

Lunch:
grilled chicken breast with melted cheddar cheese
side salad
12 oz. can of Diet Rite Cola

Dinner:
sirloin steak (approx. 8 oz.) cooked in butter
2 cups green beans seasoned with real bacon bits
12 oz. can of Diet Rite Cola

After-Dinner Snack:
1 cup sugar-free jello

and of course I drink water all day long in-between meals.

Good luck to you!!! Maybe something will give for us...I'm going to give it another month.

BTW, I've also been taking the Atkins Basic 3 multi-vitamin, Atkins Accel, and Atkins Essential Oils.