#8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 12:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudknife
Yes, 28 pounds is good but it took me since June of 2002 to lose it! That's a little under 2 pounds a month! I'm eating right, exercising, and walking my ass off! I read about others on the board losing 10 pounds a month or more and am actually embarassed to post my numbers.

{{{{{{{{{Marty}}}}}}}}}} You have NOTHING to be embarassed about! You are doing GREAT. Yes, 2#/month might be slower than some others are losing, BUT just think about how much you might have GAINED in the last 16 months if you had not been following this WOE. I don't know about you, but my weight was not going to stay the same if I had not found this program. I would have continued gaining as I had whenever I wasn't dieting in the past. I know I could EASILY gain AT LEAST 50# (most likely a lot more) in the amount of time that you have been on plan. So, if you are anything like me, you can say that it's almost like losing 78# (the 28# that you actually did lose and the 50# you kept yourself from gaining).

I know many people who are not losing quickly. My DH is one of them. It has taken him 7.5 months to lose 17#, but it's moving in the right direction, so that's what matters. (Oh, and his cholesterol numbers & blood sugar are a lot better too.)