#3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 08:47
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Amen, Michele!

Truth: I am impatient. But I am a TV Director. I get PAID to be impatient. Concerning weight: I wish I was back at a perfect weight...whatever that might be. NOW! Yesterday! But at the ripe old age of 53 I have found it is up to me to make my wishes come true. So far I have had a bunch of wishes come true since I started this WOE. I firmly expect bunches more in the coming months/years. I figure what I will do would surprise the hell out of most members of TDC because I figure it will surprise me. Learn to fly? Pack trip into the Montana Mountains flyfishing? I simply don't know. But I know it will be special. And I know it will be living with my senses in high gear. I have spent enough time in "idle".

There are a great many people I know who simply "give up" when the magical Lord of the Lard does not make it all disappear overnight. They cannot see or feel or remember all the improvements to their life they have already made; what gift they have already given themselves! And I could turn into one of "them" if I ever forget for a second where I come from. And where I am now.

I laughed to myself just now. Out loud! Because I can just see some newcomer looking under my Avatar and seeing 410 pounds as my current weight and think, "How on earth can he be happy at THAT weight??!!!!"

And I understand. And I laugh. Mostly because I am soooo damned happy to be that weight. For today. Beats the stuffing out of 466 where I started.

So...I weigh 410 and am not the least bit disillusioned with my weight or my loss of the fact that it will take me years to get back in shape. Fact is I feel more alive every day I follow this WOE. Makes it really easy to overlook the minor temporary disappointments!

Funny thing, that. Not good funny or haha funny. But funny.