View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-01, 17:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Verdict

Okay the verdict is in....I just tried these!!!

I used almond flour, but I was about 1/4 cup short so I filled the rest of the amount needed with crushed unsalted peanuts. You know the ones you put on an ice cream sundae.

I make my own low carb chocolate pieces this way:

3 unsweetened baking chocolate squres
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1/2 cup splenda (or a little more if you like)

Melt chocolate and butter together (I do this very slowly in the micro or you could use a double boiler). Usually a little heat will soften the chocolate and just by sitting in the butter it will melt with some stirring. Mix sweetener and cream together and then stir into the chocolate mixture.

Then I just pour the spread the mixture into a cake pan, put in the frig to cool...and harden. Then I just break/cut it into pieces like chocolate chips. Usually I do this the day before I need the chocolate so that it's ready.

Where I live low carb chocolate bars aren't readily available so this is how I've learned to compromise. I think this is much cheaper too!

By the way, I give the cookies about an 8 out of 10. Now all I have to do is get them in the freezer so I don't eat them all!

I'm also going to work on a carb count as soon as I can. Time for supper now though, as I've driven to Toronto and back today...(4 hours).