View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

My Schools (Elementary + Middle) Served --

Entree: Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Patty, Fish Patty, Turkey (VERY RARE,) Hamburger, Spaghetti, Tacos, Sloppy Joe, Jamaican Beef (God Only Knows What Was in That because it sure as hell wasn't beef,) Corn Dogs, Fajitas, Pork Chops (FRIED AND COVERED IN SAUCE,) or Pizza
Potato: Mashed Potatoes (RARE,) Tater Tots (MOST OF THE TIME,) or French Fries
Vegetable: Soggy Overcooked Spinach [which noone would eat]
Drink: Lowfat Milk
Desert: Fruit Juice Bar (ALMOST EVERY DAY)

Chicken Nuggets, Hamburger, Spaghetti, Sloppy Joe, Corn Dogs, and Pizza were the most common Entrees. Tater Tots (Fried Potatoes) were by and far the most common Potatoes. We only had Mashed Potatoes when we had Turkey which was VERY RARE (once a month or less). French Fries were served on occassion, but Tater Tots were the main side. The Spinach always ended up in the garbage, because almost noone would eat it [as it was overcooked and soggy.] Fresh Fruit was almost never served...and when it was, it would be Orange Slices. Fruit Juice Bars were served pretty much on a daily basis.

Breakfast is interesting. Before 3rd Grade, they actually served Eggs and breakfast meats. Sometime around 2nd or 3rd Grade, they decided to go with Cereal, which 90% of the time was Lucky Charms, Trix, or some other cereal that was loaded with sugar. Bread and Milk were always served with Breakfast. Whole Milk was available up until about 3rd Grade, when they switched over to Lowfat Milk. The first day they served Lowfat Milk I grabbed it not aware of the difference [Whole vs. Lowfat.] It was so disgusting, I didn't drink milk for years after that.

In the middle of my 3rd Grade year...they got a Salad Bar. I chose it every time, because it was the closest thing to fresh food there ever was...Unfortunately, the salad bar was dropped and never came back. I actually stopped eating Lunch in the Cafeteria about 7th Grade, because they served Sloppy Joe, Jamaican Beef, Corn Dogs, and Spaghetti [I hate Tomato Sauce and they permeated their Spaghetti in the stuff] 90% of the time. I couldn't stand any of those foods. Plus I didn't like Tater Tots. My favorite food was Turkey with mashed Potatoes...but, that was served less than once a month. So, my dad started taking me to the local Cafeteria (Morrisons/Picadilly/etc...type of place) after school to get something to eat. I'd usually get Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Soda, and Bread.

My HS had an open campus (only one of two schools in the county with open campuses.) That meant I could leave campus during lunch (except during Summer.) So, I would usually get fast foods as that was all I had tiime to get and get back on time. During the Summer, you weren't allowed to leave campus. The only foods served on Campus during Summer terms were Cookies, Bagels, Soda*, and Chips*. The ones with stars came from the snack machines which we had in HS and during the Summers in MS. The others were baked by school clubs who sold them to raise money for trips. After I went off to College, I stopped eating fast foods so often, and mostly ate Spaghetti, Bread, Rice, Crackers, Fruit, and Soda.