View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-01, 03:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default L-Glutamine seems to work for me...

I've been trying it a bit more lately, just on the theory that if it seemed to help for a chocolate attack, it might help for that "gnawing" of a nic-stick attack. It's subjective and anecdotal, but I think it actually does help.

I've read the references (especially the LEF article, as posted by Doreen), and can point out some useful bits on The Lowcarb Retreat seem to exist re cravings.
http://www.lowcarb.org pagedown to one-click archives

Ah well, should get some sleep.

Take heart, Karen, in the 1.5 years it took me to lose the 45-50 pounds or so, there were 3 4-month 'plateaus' or "early maintenance". There might be something to setpoint or even more likely, there's not a whole lot of margin between goal weight Basal Metabolic Rate burned-calories and our current weight/size BMR calories. Hmmmmm. 10 X current weight (in pounds) less 10 X goal weight == range of calories(X carb Gs CCL + 1 prot G/goal weight + X fats Gs) in which to lose. LOL! Let's presume a goal weight of 150 and a current weight of 170 so somewhere in that 200 calories you're burning (safely) body fat. It's going to be slow alright. Hard work. Sigh. Am I rambling?

Well, g'night. !8-]