View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 17:02

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Our program might include a mini M&M, or snack sized skittles once a month. We haven't had any in the past month. In fact, we forgot to give them out once last year and none of the kids asked for them!!!!!
We do have chicken fries, but they are baked - we also have taco's in the one form or another almost every week. I personally get sick of serving them, but the kids love them.
We get a lot of our food in our "government orders" and the burger they offer is GROSS! My boss orders from another broker and uses his allotments to buy cases of fresh fruits and veggies.
The Gov't. needs to get better at providing more nutritious foods to the school lunch programs. They do send some really great things, but also things that don't go over real well - like the abundance of asparagus they plan to give to the schools. Make that broccoli and the kids would LOVE it. When I serve that, it is gone in a flash!!
Little steps at a time are changing some things. The parent groups at the schools need to step in and tell the schools that they should remove all pop and candy machines. Let the kids get that on their own after school.
The sad thing is: ala carte items are bigger sellers than the scheduled lunch. Those big plates of fries are usually not part of the reg. lunch - plus they cost more than the gov't. mandated lunch,then the kids leave school to go home and play video games!!!!
Sponsored Links