View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 12:15

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Unhappy Hi, Eve

After re-reading Eve's note back to mine about my woe, I have some further thoughts...A lot of skinny people eat milk by-products and drink milk. Also, a lot of skinny people have auto-immune disorders. Am I saying that milk is the only cause of such things? No. I'm just suggesting that we don't know what traits we have in our genetic makeup and that when one looks at populations and sees the lesson of history for POPULATIONS, again, we see that the autoimmune disorders seemed to start with the advent of civilization...the growing of grains, raising of root crops, and the raising of ruminant animals for their milk. Their is no 100% proof that this was the cause of autoimmune disorders, but it does make one think, doesn't it? That's where my "just a thought, mind you..." comes from.

My grandparents all lived to be quite old...well on my Dad's side, anyway. They were farmers, too. So was my dad. He ate lima beans and string beans and corn, and potatoes every day and drank tons of milk...he died at 86. At the time he had recently contracted a form of lukemia that probably wouldn't have killed him because he was already so old. He also recently had problems with his heart. Neither of those killed him. His garden did!!!! He fell over a line that was running along his potatoes and basically bled to death in his garden. So! My point, entirely! See? All of those bad veggies got him! Especially, the potatoes, who were lying in wait for him!!!

Again, let's have a little bit of a sense of humor, here. You can beleive whatever you want to believe and do whatever you want. I'm certainly not trying to impose my woe on anybody else. And, I'm sorry, but I don't see that pointing out these "thoughts" is being overzealous. Being Zealous...yeah, maybe...but, OVERZEALOUS? I don't really see that. It seems that someone is a little angry and it doesn't appear to be me.

Slimcat and Michael R., I agree with you. Pumpkin seeds are a great snack and wonderful in salads, too. So are pine nuts. I like to make a combo pack of almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, a very few raisens and a couple of prunes to take along with me to the movies. Then when the wonderful smell of popcorn and fake butter assaults my nostrils, I dip into my little bag and pull out a couple of seeds or nuts and munch away... they can take the whole movie to be done with. I also put a little lemon juice in a bottle of water and drink that, instead of a huge cola.