Thread: Is this gross?
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 12:11

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey Rachel!

Welcome to low carbing...sort of...

Eating low carb is about eliminating bad sugary foods from your diet and enjoying foods that are filling (because of their fat and protein content). Have you read any of the books? Atkins, protein power, carb addicts diet, are all plans you should look into.

A lettuce leaf with sweet n' low on it would shame ANY diet... that can't have more then 20 calories in it. You have to EAT to be satisfied, and satisfied to lose weight!

You cannot be scared of fat, when you low carb, fat fuels your body almost exclusively, and your body cant store fat either. Eating sugar, any sugar at all, will break the low carb cycle, enabling your body to store fat again. Also, the sugar will create blood-sugar issues, spikes and crashes, leading to serious cravings.

Bottom line is, you have to study plans, pick one, and commit to it. It will work for you if you let it. It took a violent attitude change towards fat to get me into LCing, now I love it. I lose very slowly, but very steadily, and I feel wonderful.

Give it a shot, but don't slip back to low calorie, low fat ways of thinking. They dont work, you'll be miserable!