View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-01, 10:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default smoking

I've noticed a number of threads lately that include references to quitting smoking and cravings for smoking. I was just noticing the other day that my cigarette cravings are becoming very reduced. I have been on this diet for 5 months now and all through the diet so far I have been a smoker. I should clarify however, that I had a baby approximately a year and a half ago, and through my entire pregnancy I all out quit smoking, and about 4 months after my baby was born I picked up a 2 or three (sometimes up to 5 ) cigarette a day habit. I started just having a few drags from my husband's cigarette, and eventually it lead to smoking a little bit again. Basically, one pack would last me almost a week.

A few friends asked me why did I even bother smoking for such a little amount, and I honestly thought to myself that I really liked it, (and I did) and I just thought that for the amount of smoking I did, I was willing to accept the risk and carry on for the sake of how much I enjoyed it.

Anyway, I have noticed just in the past 2 to 3 weeks that my craving for cigarettes is waning more and more. I am not trying to quit, not paying much attention to how much or how often I smoke, and yet at the end of the day I am sometimes realizing that I smoked as little as one shared cigarette with my husband during the entire day. I am now, finally, thinking about quitting all together, although I still am not berating myself for my bad habit, just starting to think that I don't care enough to continue.

I don't know if this has anything to do with low-carb, but it is certainly another enjoyable side effect!

Mari
Sponsored Links