View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-01, 09:26

Plan: whatever works/whatever is convenient
Stats: 183/183/153
BF:
Progress:
Talking Getting Back to exercise - Today!

For those who do not know me, I have Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism) and now after my radioactive iodine treatment, I am experiencing hypothyroidism. Being hypo I have no energy and I am on thyroid meds to rebuild my thyroid.

I have been so out of it for the past two months that I have had no energy to exercise. I am a exercise freak and for two months I have been dragging around and getting wide. I gave myself a break because I heard that after having your thyroid eradicated, your system could go either way - hypo or hyper. I guess it depnds what state your thyroid was in when your condition began.

I was a sturdy size 12 until March of 2001, when I gave up smoking when I start to bulge. When the thyroid problem was attacked in July, I started to feel lethargic. I never thought that I would gain weight when I started thyroid therapy. I was always active and ready to work out. I have everything I need but no energy. I recently bought vitamins and recently saw that everything that I put on my body was too tight. I guess that is motivation enough. Also, I called my doctor to tell her that I am feel lethargic and she has told me to come in for another blood test.

Partly I feel that most of my lethargy is biological/glandular the other half is just "in my head". However, I am slowly but surely become low-carb. I am also wondering if cutting my carbs is making me tired. . . .could that also be the problem. Let me know.

Well, that's my contribution to this link. Come on everybody, share some of your weight loss secrets and woes.
Sponsored Links