View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 03:59
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I think you have, in part, answered your own question. Slacking off will affect your weight loss.

However, just a couple of other things: First, I either lose pounds or inches, but not both at the same time. That is why I am such a believer in the tape measure and I am glad you have been measuring! Second, I found that I would stay and stay at a weight that I had been at in the past for a long time. For example-I was at 131 for a couple of years and when I hit 131 this time-I felt stuck there. Eventually, the scale moved without me doing anything special. Third, as you get closer to your goal weight-you weight loss will slow down. Unavoidable. Since you have relatively little to lose-you will have to exercise some patience. It took me darn near a year to get rid of 40 pounds-but that is OK. They are gone and I hope they never return.

When I get sweets cravings I do a couple of things. I eat some fat and protein which helps. If I am craving due to PMS I make a cream cheese thing. I take a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese, some splenda, creamer and sometimes unsweetened cocoa. Microwave it for 7-8 seconds and stir. Low carb cheesecake!