Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 06:11
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaUK
Another criticised those people always looking for "quick-fix" methods of losing weight. Quick?? Not for me.

"The general public by and large are always looking for an easy way to slim without any pain or effort on their part. They blind themselves to the simple fact that they must scoff less to lose weight," he said.

What I don't understand (among other things), is people who criticize Atkins for allegedly offering an easy and painless way to lose weight. Why do they think that the only acceptable way to lose weight is through pain and suffering? It is almost as if they view dieting as punishment, a way to atone for our sin of getting fat. What do they think we lose out on if we manage to lose weight fairly easily without a lot of pain?

The beauty of Atkins is that so many of us can follow it easily without a lot of pain or effort. I don't understand how it can be criticized for that. What possible gain would we get from abandoning Atkins for a more difficult diet plan, such walking around hungry all the time because we are counting calories?